Embrace the Holiday Traditions of Cultures Near and Far at Disney’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
The holidays are right around the corner and one of the most multicultural places on earth have a special celebration prepared just for you! Disney’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays brings all of your favorite holiday traditions together and teaches you the most fun way what the holidays are like around the world! Each of the 11 country pavilions at Epcot’s World Showcase displays different sights, sounds and special holiday dishes to show you how cultures near and far celebrate the holidays!
Take a tour around the globe savoring the flavors of the holidays in countries like Germany, Italy, Japan, among many others! Also, celebrate different cultures and heritage by tasting delicious Jewish food while learning the history of Hanukkah sang by a fellow Jewish actor!
Celebrate the Christmas spirit by watching the Candlelight Processional, which is the most marvelous 50-piece orchestra and a massed choir that perform daily from November 22 through December 30, 2018.
Each night of the Candlelight Processional is a special one since a celebrity narrator is invited to host and tell the holy biblical tale of Christmas while choral pieces are incorporated into the production as an orchestra and choir perform songs of hope and joy. Here’s a list of the narrators and the dates they’ll be hosting:
- Chita Rivera– November 22 to 23, 2018
- NEW! Helen Hunt– November 24 to 25, 2018
- NEW! Alfonso Ribeiro– November 26 to 27, 2018
- Robby Benson– November 28 to 30, 2018
- John Stamos– December 1 to 2, 2018
- Neil Patrick Harris– December 3 to 6, 2018
- Whoopi Goldberg– December 7 to 9, 2018
- NEW! Bart Millard– December 10 to 12, 2018
- Blair Underwood– December 13 to 14, 2018
- Gary Sinise– December 15 to 17, 2018
- Pat Sajak– December 18 to 20, 2018
- NEW! Auli’i Cravalho– December 21 to 23, 2018
- Edward James Olmos– December 24 to 25, 2018
- Jodi Benson– December 26 to 27, 2018
- Cal Ripken Jr.– December 28 to 30, 2018
The Candlelight Processional happens daily at 5:00 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:15 PM from November 22 through December 30, 2018 at the America Gardens Theatre in front of the American Pavilion!
Taste the holiday dishes and drinks from various countries that are set up as a temporary display between pavilions. Here are a few flavor samples of what you will find at the International Festival of the Holidays:
- Sauerbaten with red cabbage and spätzle at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen in Germany!
- Arepas topped with melted queso fresco and Coquito for adults and children (non- alcoholic version)!
- A pastrami sandwich on sourdough bread, with mustard and topped with a pickle L’Chaim!
- Empanadas garnished with cilantro and cheese! Plus: Enjoy watching mariachi dancers celebrating a Feliz Navidad while you indulge in Mexican cuisine.
- Bouchée à la Reine Traditionnelle: Turkey and Mushrooms in a Veloute Cream Sauce served in a Light Puff Pastry at the Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen in France!
- A falafel wrap stuffed with arugula, salsa, falafel and sauce at the Sapphire Holiday Kitchen near Morocco!
Book your stay at your favorite Hotel Near Disney World now to enjoy all the holiday festivities around the world! We hope to see you soon at the Enclave Suites for a magical vacation!