Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival Returns to Orlando for 75 Days of Incredible Culinary
August 18, 2018
Welcome to the most delicious season in Orlando! August marks the beginning of some very exciting events for all the foodies and spirits’ lovers out there! Magical Dining Month starts on August 24 and guests can enjoy Prix Fixe Dinners at upscale restaurants for just $35 a person. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starts on August 17 and every guest is welcome to trick or treat, no matter the age!
From August 30 to November 12, Disney presents the 2018 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. This annual festival is a cult favorite for many local Florida residents and a favorite of many repeat tourists. If you have never attended the festival, we prepared this entire blog post to explain the event and why you should be in attendance!
What is the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival?
It’s an annual event where every pavilion (plus some) at the Epcot World Showcase features a variety of small dishes, appetizers and drinks from that country. That means you get to sample your way around the world and try several dishes and drinks not only from the permanent 11 countries at Epcot, but also from many temporary countries that are set up as tents around the World Showcase. Each country has their own menu offering 2 to 4 dishes and several different drinks. Here’s a sample of what you’ll find at this year’s event:
- Africa- Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa
- Australia – Fun-sized cakes covered in chocolate and shredded coconut
- Belgium- Begium Waffle topped with plenty of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries and drizzled with jelly, whipped cream and powdered sugar
- Brazil- Seafood Stew Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice
- Canada- Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
- China- Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw (KA) and Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
- France- Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
- Germany- Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll
- Greece- Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu
- Hawaii- Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream
- India- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Ireland- Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
- Islands of the Caribbean- Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt
- Italy- Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan Cheese
- Japan- Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños
- Mexico- Shrimp Quesadilla: Corn Tortilla with Shrimp, Oaxaca Cheese and topped with Spicy Guajillo Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Morocco: Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce
- New Zealand: Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Spain: Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken
- Thailand: Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
When and where is it?
For 2018, the festival happens from August 30 to November 12 at Disney’s Epcot.
How much is it?
The festival is included with your park admission ticket. However, the food and the drinks must all be purchased separately.
What else does the festival offer?
Besides eating and drinking around the world, you can also attend a variety of seminars that involve topics like culinary demonstrations, tips on how to choose the perfect wine, cheese pairings and lessons from celebrity chefs!
You can also attend the Eat to the Beat Concert Series to enjoy plenty of good music from famous bands and singers like Hanson, Kenny G, Sugar Ray and many more! Here’s the full lineup for each date of the festival:
- August 30 to 31:Blue October
- September 1 to 3:Tiffany
- September 4 to 5:NEW! MercyMe
- September 6 to 7:NEW! Glass Tiger
- September 8 to 9:NEW! Tauren Wells
- September 10 to 11:Postmodern Jukebox
- September 12 to 13:NEW! Vertical Horizon
- September 14 to 16:Baha Men
- September 17 to 19:Plain White T’s
- September 20 to 21:Living Colour
- September 22 to 23:NEW! Sheila E
- September 24 to 26:Sugar Ray
- September 27 to 28:David Cook
- September 29 to 30:Jeffrey Osborne
- October 1 to 2:NEW! Jim Belushi & The Sacred Hearts
- October 3 to 4:Everclear
- October 5 to 7:Mark Wills
- October 8 to 10:Air Supply
- October 11 to 12:NEW! Anderson East
- October 13 to 14:Smash Mouth
- October 15 to 16:NEW! 98 Degrees
- October 17 to 18:38 Special
- October 19 to 21:The Devon Allman Project
- October 22 to 23:Kenny G
- October 24 to 25:Billy Ocean
- October 26 to 28:Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
- October 29 to 31:Hanson
- November 1 to 2:NEW! High Valley
- November 3 to 4:Taylor Dayne
- November 5 to 7:Boyz II Men
- November 8 to 9:The Hooters
- November 10 to 12:Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
If you are looking for the perfect Orlando Hotel Suites to host you during your visit to the Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, we can guarantee that you will love our convenient location, plentiful amenities and have a SWEET vacation with us! We hope to host you very soon at the Enclave Suites so you can have a chance to spend a wonderful Orlando vacation SAVORING your way around the world, laying by the pool with us and exploring all that Orlando has to offer!