Hurricane Safety at The Enclave Suites
*For the most current hurricane updates, click here to visit the National Hurricane Center website.
Important Guest Information regarding Tropical Storm/Hurricane Watch and Warnings
Our guest safety is of the utmost importance. Please know that property management closely monitors storms in the area and prepares the property for the storms. As we know many of you are not accustomed to storms of this magnitude please read the following information.
What is a hurricane?
A hurricane is a tropical cyclone with a defined circulation and sustained winds of 74 miles per hour (65 knots) or greater in the North Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico, and the eastern North Pacific Ocean.
What is the difference between a tropical storm watch, tropical storm warning, hurricane watch, and hurricane warning?
The National Hurricane Center* in Miami has the responsibility for monitoring and issuing watches and warnings in the Atlantic and Northeast basins.
A tropical storm watch is issued when tropical storm conditions, including winds from 39-73 mph, pose a possible threat to a specified coastal area within 48 hours, and a warning when tropical storm conditions are expected within 36 hours or less.
A hurricane watch is issued when hurricane conditions are expected within 48 hours, and a warning when a hurricane with sustained winds of 74 mph or higher is expected in a specified coastal area in 36 hours or less. If a warning or watch is issued, visitors should begin preliminary preparations for potential landfall and stay tuned to radio and TV for official weather and evacuation updates.
As the property prepares for the incoming storm, please prepare your family as well:
- Hotel staff will remove balcony furniture and place inside the unit.
- All pools will be closed.
- Please be mindful that limited services will be available at the property and the surrounding area.
- Please plan accordingly with needed supplies such as food, water, medication, flashlights, etc.
- Please note that with any tropical storm or hurricane coming through Central Florida, we should expect power and/or phone outages as well as cable TV outages.
- High winds, torrential rain, and localized flooding could be expected.
- Please remain in your unit and avoid walking around.
- Please do not go onto your balcony and the sliding door and windows must remain closed during the storm.
- Housekeeping services will be suspended during the storm.
- Should you need assistance, please contact the front desk by dialing 0.
- You should again stay in your unit and avoid the use of elevators, stay away from windows and sliding glass doors.
- Should an emergency arise, please contact us at the front desk by dialing 0 or by calling 911.
From our hurricane safety procedures to well-trained staff available around the clock, we’ve taken every measure to ensure that your experience with us is not only enjoyable but also safe. Relax and unwind in the knowledge that you’re in good hands at The Enclave Suites.